Kent CC has now launched its “Keep Maidstone Moving” consultation. It is seeking residents’ views on proposed improvements to six critical junctions in and around Maidstone. The consultation runs for a six week period and concludes on the 11th March 2020.
Maidstone Liberal Democrats have been working with local groups, Maidstone BC and Kent CC to instigate improvements to a number of road junctions in the Maidstone area. We have been pressing for progress before the Government’s funding window closes in 2021.
Given the intense pressure we face from the Conservative Government to increase housing building numbers in the Borough by a further 40%, it is vital that these critical junctions are improved urgently.
We are urging Maidstone residents to respond to the consultation.
The following junctions are included in the consultation:
- A20 Coldharbour Roundabout.
- A229 Loose Road Corridor: Armstrong Road junction with Park Way (including Sheal’s Crescent).
- A229 Loose Road Corridor: The Wheatsheaf.
- A229 Loose Road Corridor: Cripple Street junction with Boughton Lane.
- A20 Ashford Road junction with Willington Street.
- A274 Sutton Road junction with Willington Street.
You can view the consultation document and respond to Kent CC by clicking here. Hard copies will also be available from the local libraries, Kent CC at County Hall and Maidstone BC offices.
Kent CC will be holding three engagement sessions giving residents the opportunity to talk directly to the project teams and answer questions you may have. The sessions will be at the following locations:
- Saturday 8 February, 10am to 1pm (presentation at 11am) at The Tudor Park Marriott Hotel, Ashford Rd, ME14 4NQ
- Wednesday 12 February, 5:30 to 8:30pm (presentation at 7pm at The Village Hotel, Forstal Rd, ME14 3AQ
- Monday 17 February, 1 to 7pm (presentations at 2 and 6pm) at Sessions House, County Hall, ME14 1XQ
Do please take this opportunity to have your say. Please also send your comments to your local Liberal Democrat team by emailing: email@example.com